Saturday 1 January 2011

God is a Belgian

[[posterous-content:pid___0]][[posterous-content:pid___2]][[posterous-content:pid___1]]I'm sitting here having had a major revelation today that indeed God is a Belgian. How I got to this was thinking why am I feeling sick today, well I blame it on the lack of the Belgian beer over the last few days. Since the 24th I've been having a couple each night, felt great, relaxed and not sick at all. Now that I've stopped I'm feeling crap. So here's my rational for why God really is a Belgian.

  • Any country that has a different beer for every day
  • Eddy Merckx. Can anyone have been so good without the help of the big man. Maybe he was sent to show how cool bikes are.
  • The passion the Belgian people have for the races, 365 days a year
  • It is the center of the Cycling World
  • It has the most iconic 6 Day Race
  • It is joint holder of the amount of Monuments a country holds with Italy. (Ronde van Vlaanderen, L-B-L)
  • Only Belgian Riders have won all 5 Monuments (Roger De Vlaeminck, Rik Van Looy and Eddy Merckx)
  • The whole country pretty much stops when an important bike race happens.
  • They make the best Chocolate in the world
  • They make the best Frites.

You see, after my examples it's clear, God is a Belgian.

Posted via email from Sprinting for Signs's posterous

No comments: