Saturday 22 January 2011

Canyon Bikes, new Team colours

I had chance to take a look at the new bikes for Lotto, and wow they look fantastic. The clever flipped graphics is a nice look and ties in with the Team jersey.

I picked up the bike and I don't think I've felt a bike that feels so balanced for weight front to back. According to the folks on the Canyon stand this bike is more comfortable than the CF SLX (which in it's own right is a pretty looking bike) due to the addition of volcanic ash used in the carbon lay up on the forks & seatpost. Cyclingnews reported that Gilbert will use it for the Cobbled Classics as well as the Ardennes.

Aero road frames have come along a long way since it's first appearance over the last 1/2 a decade. Currently I think that this is the best execution of the theory of beating the wind. I'm sure that this will be a great weapon for the whole Team to use, not just Gilbert.

Posted via email from Sprinting for Signs's posterous

No comments: