Thursday 1 July 2010

New Scott Machine

I have always liked Scott bikes, even in the lurid white/yellow combo it has something about it that shouldn't work but does. I remember seeing an Endorphin back in the 90's and thinking it was just so cool, a hardtail MTB designed to have a degree of flex. Unfortunately I never got round to riding one, same as by time I could afford one they had moved on to bigger and better things.

So back to the Scott. I've borrowed this from the lovely folk at www.pezcyclingnews.com. The thing I love about Pez is that it still retains the buzz of a fans site but has a nice professional feel to it. If you've never been for a visit, and I'd be surprised if you are reading this please do so.

The new bike looks like it has aero aspects to it while still retaining a Scott look, if not closer to the companies TT frame. Could this be the new weapon to help propel Mark Cavendish towards a Green Jersey? Knowing how much energy can be saved by a well designed aero machine, it does make me wonder how quick Cav will be able to go. Cav has had some issues this year, but I would not question his committment to winning the jersey.

So for the GC, will Mick Rogers be in with a chance? Well he has been riding better than ever and seems to be finally over al the illness problems that have dogged him over the past 2-3 seasons. I'd put him on the third level down, but if we have a crazy Tour like in 1998 he mike end up emulating Bobby J and find himself on the third step.

Posted via email from sprintingforsigns's posterous

No comments: